Ginger & Garlic Paste
Tyga Masala No. 7
Tyga Masala No. 3
Chana Saag Aloo
400g tin chickpeas
1 bunch coriander (optional)
3 tbsp vegetable/rapeseed/olive oil
1 tbsp tomato puree
1 tsp salt
- Drain and rinse the tin of chickpeas.
- Finely dice the onions.
- Peel and cut the potatoes into bite-size chunks.
- Chop the coriander discarding the stems, if using.
- Place potatoes into a pan of cold water and bring to the boil. Cook until tender, this will take approximately 15 minutes. Drain.
- In a large pan with a lid, heat the oil over a high heat and add the onions, ginger & garlic paste and salt. Fry for 4-5 minutes, stirring continuously.
- Add Tyga Masala No. 7, tomato puree, Kashmiri Chilli (� tsp for mild, 1 tsp for medium and 2 tsp for hot) and 100ml water. Stir for 2 minutes.
- Reduce heat to medium and add the potatoes and chickpeas. Stir well, cover with a lid and cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in the spinach. Re-cover with the lid and cook for 2 minutes, or until the spinach is wilted.
- Sprinkle with the coriander and serve.
Pumpkin & Carrot Cumin Glaze
You will need to buy:
1 tbsp honey or Agave
1 tsp salt
1 tbsp vegetable/rapeseed/olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 200C.
- Cut the pumpkin/squash into bite-size chunks.
- If using carrots, cut lengthways and then into bite-size chunks.
- Mix together the pumpkin/squash/carrots with the oil, Tyga Masala No. 3 and salt.
- Place on a baking tray and bake in the oven for 25 minutes.
- Drizzle over the honey and cook for a further 10 minutes, or until cooked through.
Ginger & Garlic Paste: (Ginger, Garlic, Citric acid, Sea salt, Ascorbic acid, Potassium sorbate, Sodium Metabisulphite), Tyga Masala No. 7: (Ground Coriander, Ground Turmeric). Kashmiri Chilli, Tyga Masala No. 3: (Cumin seeds, Ground Turmeric)