Introducing our Crispy Chilli Tofu Recipe Kit, inspired by Chinese flavours. The perfect weekend indulgence or mid-week fakeaway meal. Our user-friendly step-by-step instructions guarantee a seamless cooking experience, catering to both novices and seasoned chefs alike.
What's in the box?
Ginger & Garlic Sachet
Sweet Chilli Sauce x2
Rice wine vinegar x2
Cut the tofu into 1cm thick batons
1 Red bell pepper
De-seed and slice into thin strips
1 Red chilli
Cut into thin strips. De-seed (optional)
4 Spring onions
White ends cut into thin strips, green ends
cut into thin slices
3 tbsp Cornflour
1 tbsp Tomato puree
300ml vegetable oil
1. Place the sliced tofu into a bowl and mix together 3 tbsp cornflour and Tyga 15, ensuring they are well coated on
2. In a wok/deep frying pan, heat vegetable oil (saving 1 tbsp), wait until hot and then carefully add the tofu in small
batches with a slotted spoon (the mix should roughly make 4 batches).
3. Cook each batch of tofu for 2-3minutes until crisp, remove and place on a plate lined with kitchen paper to help
soak up some of the oil.
4. In a shallow frying pan on a medium heat, add 1 tbsp of the remaining vegetable oil. Then add the Ginger and
Garlic paste, red pepper, half the red chilli and the white ends of the spring onion. Stir fry for 3-4 minutes until it
begins to soften and then turn down to a low heat.
5. In a jug, mix the 2 sachets of rice wine vinegar, 1 tbsp soy sauce, 2 sachets of sweet chilli sauce and tomato
puree. Mix well and add 2 tbsp of water, once mixed, pour into the shallow frying pan.
6. Turn up to a medium heat and let it bubble away for 2-3 minutes, before adding the tofu in. Toss well to evenly coat.
7. Serve immediately with either rice (see below) or noodles, scatter the remaining sliced chillies and spring onions
over the top.
Ingredients & allergies
Ginger & Garlic Paste (Ginger, Garlic, Citric acid, Sea salt, Ascorbic acid, Potassium sorbate, Sodium metabisulphite). Sweet Chilli Sachet ingredients (Water, Sugar, Red Chilli, Garlic Puree, Cornflour, Acetic acid, Salt). Tyga 15 (Chinese five spice). Soy Sauce (Water, Soy extract (Water, Non-GM IP Soybeans, Salt and Wheat), Salt, Glucose, Barley malt extract and Spirit vinegar). Rice wine vinegar (Rice Vinegar).